Wednesday, January 23, 2013

New job... Yikes!

Here's the thing... I used to like the work life.  Being productive, staying busy and doing the normal work life stuff.  But after having a baby, all I want to do now is be a mom!  The company I worked for closed the doors the week I gave birth.  That was actually a blessing in disguise!  I wasn't happy where I was at and had no potential of moving up.  Plus, that gave me 2 months at home with my sweet little boy instead of a lousy 3 weeks.  But, reality set in and I realized that we really couldn't survive by Billy working and me just being Mom of the year... so I got a job.  

Today was my 2nd day.  And since I am able to type this, that means I'm not crying!  Yesterday, on the other hand, I was an emotional wreck.  Leaving the baby all day was a lot harder than I thought.  

The job seems great.  Wonderful CEO of the company and all the girls that I work with seem great too.   I'm excited to be a part of this growing company but continue to pray for strength and energy. 

Maybe someday Billy will bring in the big bucks and I can just be a mom and wife.  Until then... duty calls.

Reminding myself of this:  The will of God will never take you where the grace of God will not protect you.

I'll leave you with this sweet face :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, a lot has changed! Can't believe the company you worked for closed. But happy you were able to find another job. I can totally relate about how hard it is to go back to work. It gets better, but it's never easy. That's the thing about being a mom that no one can warn you about. It's a deep, built in desire to always do the best for your baby.

    So glad you're back in the blogging world. I'll be back to see pictures of sweet Parker man. :)

    ReplyDelete